The safety of our patients and staff is always a priority at Fulp Family Dentistry; in light of the issues surrounding COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus, we are letting patients know about the precautionary steps we are taking.
* Patients are being asked upon arrival to our office for appointments if they have a cough, fever or other cold symptoms and if they have traveled outside the US in the previous 30 days. If so, we are rescheduling the patient’s appointment for the safety of our staff as well as other patients and family members.
* We are encouraging staff members who have respiratory issues or a fever to stay at home.
We encourage you to take steps to protect you and your family; if you are concerned that you have been exposed to COVID-19 or if you have symptoms, please see your physician to be tested – and be sure to follow their guidelines to avoid spreading the virus. Additionally, if you have a fever, cough or other cold-like symptoms and have a dental appointment scheduled, please call our office before you arrive to discuss options and alternate dates.
While the overall risk of COVID-19 to the general public remains low, elderly people and individuals with chronic medical conditions may have increased risk for COVID-19.
The best prevention measures for any respiratory virus are:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19 and an upcoming appointment at our office, please call us.